How we’re looking after people during Covid-19
Over the past few months, things have continued to change for all of us on a daily basis.
We temporarily closed our stores, however we have remained open on our digital channels and are re-opening stores once we know it's safe to do so.
We are doing everything we can to ensure our people are safe throughout this time, are continuously monitoring the situation, and ensuring we abide by any guidance received from the government as the situation progresses.
Is our distribution centre open?
We have taken additional steps to ensure our warehouse is a safe space for our staff to work in by putting the following measures in place:
- Reduced the number of staff working at any one time
- Introduced additional cleaning routines with more frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Adapted the working environment to help ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times
- Providing hand sanitiser and ensuring all our staff are washing their hands on a regular basis
- Holding returns for 72 hours prior to unpacking
- Limited the use of all confirmed and shared spaces; i.e. break rooms, canteens and smoking areas
We are also working closely with our staff and onsite Health and Safety teams to understand any concerns that they have.
How does this impact my delivery?
Due to all the measures we’ve put in place to protect our teams, you may experience some changes in our delivery service. We will do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
What about our central support teams?
- All of our Head Office teams are working from home and will continue to do so in line with the Government advice.
- We understand it can be hard for people to be indoors every day, so we are running wellbeing sessions online for all of our employees, including tips on staying connected
How else are we helping people?
- We are offering 25% off all full priced items for our NHS and service heroes through www.bluelightcard.co.uk and www.defencediscountservice.co.uk. Because we appreciate everything they are doing during this difficult time.
- Following the closure of our stores, many of our retail staff donated perishable goods from our stores to local hospitals, food banks and emergency services.
More information including this week’s top questions can be found here in our Help Centre.
Stay safe and look after each other.
New Look x